American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Product Manager
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as our product organization works to meet the needs of customers of tomorrow.
Digital Servicing within the Global Commercial Services organization is a fast passed ever-changing product management team responsible for enhancing and creating new online capabilities for our Commercial Customers and the American Express products they use to get business done.
The Digital Servicing team is seeking an energetic product management analyst to shape innovative solutions and drive transformational change across our client servicing experiences. This individual always puts the customer first, they break down silos, epitomize teamwork, are empowered and want to be at the forefront of digital best practices. As part of the Digital Servicing team within American Express Global Commercial Services, this Associate Product Manager will be an integral part of shaping the metrics and user behavior platform for our next-generation of personalized information products.
The Associate Product Manager serves as a key member of the Product team for the Digital Servicing team and will be responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end product lifecycle for features or products in whole. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for innovating on behalf of our customers and shaping product experiences that engage our Card Members and competitively differentiate American Express’ digital experiences.
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Works with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Conducts gap analysis to drive new solutions and change management
- Works with local market/country compliance partners to understand data capture needs to support Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering requirements;
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Knows and executes agile best practices and emerging trends for collaboration in a fast-paced product development environment;
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with design, analytics, engagement, operations, product management, risk/compliance and engineering;
- Support Product team with market research and generation of insights to be incorporated into the product design;
- Assists in coordinating communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives;
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Operations to develop and execute internal and external marketing engagement strategies to drive successful customer launch and adoption of new capabilities; including support for the development of training materials;
- Identify and capture gaps in end user experience from product launches;
- Utilizes relevant reporting tools to report on and analyze key metrics aimed at understanding and optimizing the product;
- Use analytical skills and strategic perspective to identify trends & recommend solutions that will help improve the user experience; and
- Support reporting activities associated with rapid and iterative development.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a customer-first mindset;
- High energy, solution oriented team player with ability to effectively navigate a matrixed organization to drive results;
- An entrepreneurial mindset, flexible spirit and tremendous will to win;
- A level of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management or Product Development preferred.
- Prior experience working with Adobe Marketing Cloud – Site Catalyst a strong plus.
- Prior experience working in the big data space and personalization algorithms a strong plus.
- BA/BS, preferably in CS or technical field.
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. So we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time