American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
This is a leadership role in the Global Finance Initiatives and Integrity (GFII) organization within Corporate Controllership based in Gurgaon, reporting into the Vice President, GFII (New York).
The GFII organization represents finance on business facing investment projects and plays a critical liaison role with Technologies, Finance, and the Business to ensure financial integrity is embedded in the end to end process. The team focuses on creating accurate requirements related to accounting, reporting, and balancing and controls. This team is also responsible to drive strategic finance initiatives in compliance to finance policies and regulatory changes. The team also support finance strategy in key technology deployment impacting controllership processes.
This role will lead a team of proficient Project Managers to represent Finance on business facing investment projects to ensure accurate accounting and reporting takes place for the International Consumer business and Loyalty / Rewards business. Incumbent will be responsible for providing strong thought leadership to the team in identifying financial and operational risks, defining system controls and finance processes and defining the end-to-end accounting treatments following relevant US GAAP. The incumbent will be expected to ensure compliance to AEMP 16 and all other relevant AXP and Finance policies. Define Strategic priorities and provide direction to the team for achieving short and medium term goals across shareholder, customer, and employee constituencies. Incumbent is required to identify project and operational risks and escalate to key stakeholders to find remedial solutions. Develop successful working relationship with project sponsors and other stakeholders and ensure strong business partner relationship. Influence others to support actions in the best long term interests of the business. Continue to drive accounting automation and look for opportunities to add value to respective business partners. Incumbent will deliver regular project status updates to Finance leadership and ensure effective relationships with Technologies, New Product Development, Controllership, Treasury and Tax. Responsibility shall include providing approvals on SDLC deliverables during project life cycle and represent Finance on project gate reviews. The role also requires leading new exposure management by tracking enterprise wide initiatives that may have an impact on Basel and other external reporting functions.
The incumbent will also be responsible to:
• Partner with management and business to proactively seek innovation and improvements within the specific processes to enhance service levels, improve finance processes, increase productivity and ensure an engaged workforce.
• Define and drive customer relationship strategy focused on driving value, relationship and satisfaction, through establishing proactive project engagement protocols.
• Drive Talent strategy that encompasses attracting talent, employee development, retention strategy and increasing employee engagement - work with HR, Training and other support groups for hiring, on-boarding and training new and existing employees
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
CA / CPA / ICWA / MBA with a minimum of 8 years of experience or a B.Com. with a minimum of 12 years of experience.
• Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale time sensitive initiatives and able to motivate the team with the ability to work in dynamic environment
• Exposure in Project Management and Systems deployment for AXP processes is preferred.
• Understanding of the American Express financial accounting and business processes
• Project management Certification, Quality black belt/Green Belt trained/certified is highly desirable.
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to align to the project objective and able to deliver positive results
• Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to understand the linkages across processes.
• Ability to think strategically, innovatively and to pursue ideas with conviction.
• Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across business partners and people at various levels in the company. Strong demonstration of customer engagement across multiple customer groups is a must.
• Strong people leader, self-motivator, driven and enthusiastic with a prior experience of leading large techno-functional projects.
• Ability to handle a high pressure environment, decision making in challenging situations.
• Demonstrate the ability to implement innovative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and drive E2E process efficiencies.
• Capability of thinking 'Outside the Box' with a view to increase productivity and implement initiatives towards automation / Standardization of processes.
• Strong Accounting skills including working knowledge of US GAAP in addition to a thorough understanding of AXP Accounting Policies
• Proven project management experience and understanding of project methodologies such as Agile, Water-fall. Candidates with system implementation background will be preferred.
• Must have at least 5-7 years of leadership experience with strong employee development and teamwork focus
• Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills with a proven track of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including senior leaders
• Exemplifies a growth mindset where continual knowledge and learning are expected, challenges are embraced and setbacks are opportunities to learn – forward looking and thinking
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time