American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst-Risk & Info Management
The Commercial Credit Review Team provides oversight of all risk rating and underwriting decisions made within the institutional (commercial) portfolio at American Express globally. The candidate will conduct independent portfolio monitoring and credit risk assessments, develop and maintain automated monitoring rules, review credit risk processes, and take part in projects that provide effective challenge to credit risk teams. This role requires that significant credit risk is properly evaluated and effectively communicated. The role enables exposure to a broad range of credit processes in Risk Management with the opportunity to work with and impact numerous diverse businesses at American Express. The breadth of responsibilities in this role provides a great training ground for a candidate looking to understand the key principles of institutional credit risk management at American Express.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, and maintain automated decision rules with objective to fully monitor Credit Risk Processes
- Assess adherence to credit policies and procedures
- Provide effective challenge to rating and underwriting decisions and credit strategies proposed by first line Credit Risk management teams
- Review relevant supporting financial and credit analysis and documentation
- Collaboration with Business Unit Risk teams to enhance decision processes or address major credit issues
- Close and robust monitoring of portfolio risks trends, including industry-level monitoring
- Understanding of current macroeconomic trends and how to provide recommendations to improve the PD estimation based on the business cycle
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and stakeholders under pressure
- Build collaborative, trusting relationships
- Independently drive results as a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data manipulation tools (e.g.: SQL, SAS, R, Python) is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field required (e.g., Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or Operations Research); advanced degree (Masters+) and/or progress towards CFA is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time