American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express’s mission is to be world’s most respected service brand, and the Global Commercial Credit Team protects American Express' assets by minimizing credit and merchant losses at best-in-class levels. We utilize outstanding techniques, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, and provide superior service to improve customer and shareholder value. We will accomplish this by having the most talented teams who are supported by best-in-class capabilities and processes.
As a Manager, Operations, you will be responsible for developing and executing operational strategies to maximize effectiveness and production efficiencies. You will also be working in a busy environment, therefore, the ability to think on your feet and work under pressure is essential whilst being able to make sound decisions using problem solving skills and thinking creatively.
Other tasks include:
- Managing & leading a team of 3-4 Team Leaders by providing guidance & direction including their development plans & career paths;
- Effectively managing the key production and servicing indicators of Inbound /Outbound Commercial Credit Operations with flawless execution of Risk Management policies and procedures;
- Ensuring attainment of key business metrics by identifying issues/trends and taking appropriate action to achieve solve for them;
- Initiating process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services;
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance;
- Lead and maintain Employee Satisfaction and morale by using Rewards / Recognition tools available while ensuring coordination with the Hiring Team to execute on hiring plans;
- Determining appropriate staff counts and initiating Cross Utilization to maximize servicing potentials.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Master’s Degree preferred);
- No less than 10 years of progressive BPO experience, with 2 to 5 years as a Manager handling a premium customer service line of business in the banking or financial services space (A must!);
- Additional B2B/Business to Business Collections experience is a definite advantage!
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal written communication skills with strong presentation and project management expertise;
- Exceptional ability to influence others without direct authority while collaborating and influencing people at all levels;
- Analytical thinking skills to access impacts, draw correlations and linkages;
- Strong relationship skills and quickly network to drive results across all business groups;
- Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results.
Call to action:
So if you this role is speaking to you, or you know have someone in mind who’d be perfect for this opportunity, please do not hesitate to e-mail Minerva.email@example.com and she will be sure to get back to you in 24-48 hours.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time