American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Manager - Controllership ( Global Servicing Network)
We are seeking a Finance Manager/ Controller to play a pivotal part in supporting the Network Payments business, principally the EMEA region. We are looking for a commercially minded qualified accountant to join our Global Controllership team and to partner with business leaders as they seek to grow the existing Network business and continue expansion into new geographies.
· Lead and take full responsibility for the review of potential deal constructs and assess both the contract accounting under USGAAP and financial operations implications. Strong communication skills are a must to deliver advice to business leaders on appropriate structures that will achieve the business and control objectives.
· Partner across Business, Finance, Risk and other functional areas on contract terms and structure.
· Liaise with external auditors reviewing our partnerships for compliance to contracts.
· Support Controllership transformational initiatives and projects.
· Ownership of the quarterly segment balance sheet review and reporting process to certify accurate accounting.
· Facilitate USGAAP training to Finance and Business partners on key transaction accounting topics.
The ideal candidate would be coming from practice into industry and keen to advance their career further.
- Extensive knowledge of USGAAP technical accounting, qualified accountant (or equivalent); awareness and application of key new USGAAP standards;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to determine approved technical accounting conclusions to support key business strategies;
- Proven track record in building strong relationships and influencing without authority, coupled with strong communication and influencing skills at multiple seniority levels;
- Ability to present complex accounting guidance to non finance leaders
- Must be strong at multi-tasking and collaborating across functional areas;
- Ability to balance technical accounting expertise with an appreciation for the big picture and business objectives.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time