American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Travel Consultant - Overnight Shift
The real deal on American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at here.
You won’t just help your customers see the world,
you’ll help them truly experience it.
Our Travel Consultants use their passion for the travel industry to craft unforgettable experiences for American Express members. They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to uniquely resolve customer requests and deliver the personalized attention that they have come to expect, effectively building long-term relationships.
You’ll delight your customers with unforgettable and unexpected experiences.
Are you ready for anything? Because everything can happen when people travel. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
We are looking for highly experienced and professional Travel Consultants to join our energetic, fun and engaging team that is focused on employee development and achieving high standards of performance. You will be rewarded for delivering superior service to our customers and for generating revenue for the business. As a Travel Consultant at American Express you will be expected to service international and domestic bookings, particularly within the high end luxury travel segment which will include booking First/Business class air tickets, with point to point, multi destination or even Round the World fares, Hotels, Car Rental, Tours and even Cruises. Our customers seek flawless service and look for a unique and exclusive experience for their leisure travel. Providing professional, knowledgeable and extraordinary service will come naturally to you and no request will be too large or impossible. If you take great pride in your work and enjoy going above and beyond to service your clients and you also have excellent knowledge of fares and Sabre, then this opportunity could be for you.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Do you have what it takes to build your career here?
A strong customer focus and a commitment to delivering ‘Excellent’ service
- Travel industry experience (minimum 3 – 5 years)
- Excellent working knowledge of air fare calculations and able to offer competitive travel fare options.
- To be familiar with appropriate travel reservations and ticketing systems and productivity tools. Preferably Sabre/Abacus
- Travel agency experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of leisure travel and leisure travel products/services, knowledge of luxury hotels & tour suppliers is desirable
- Must be an excellent team player and focused on achieving team goals
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Graduate preferred, experience in relevant role highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and the Internet
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time