American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Account Management Senior Specialist
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Client Management organization in Global Merchant Services. Global Merchant Services (GMS) manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express. GMS serves as an acquirer, processor and marketing partner for merchants of all sizes, including small, regional and global businesses. The business offers an array of services that help merchants more effectively run their businesses, including fraud-prevention tools, marketing solutions and digital assets. Our Account Management Senior Specialists have a passion for driving retention and growth within their own portfolio of key Italian Merchants. Experienced negotiators, expert communicators and close client network developers, they take full managerial responsibility to lead end to end projects: from identify customer needs/new opportunities, to drive client to a decision and guarantee deliverables. This role will directly report to Commercial Director of Retail and Travel Industries.
- Manage Relationship with Top American Express Merchants operating in the Everyday spending industry in order to maximize profitability, to increase coverage and improve customers and partners satisfaction
- Prepare and lead negotiations
- Maximize merchant profitability through managing volume growth opportunities and customer retention
- Be able to prepare strategies and plans in advance, to regularly monitor performance vs targets assigned, to look for contingency options and proactively adapts plan and priorities
- Identifies and understands trends and activities in the external market / industry and the impact on American Express
- Broaden and deepen American Express relationship across the clients’ organizations with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers
- Building effective relationship with key internal stakeholders (Card Issuing Team, Marketing, Customer Service, Fraud/Authorization)
- Marketing campaign strategic definition
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Additional background verification checks:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Economics
- 2 to 5 years of commercial experience, preferably in a B2B services
- Will be considered a plus previous experience in marketing or in consultant
- Language skills required: Italian, English
- Demonstrate abilities in pre-sales planning, presentation, closing and follow up
- Strong presentation skills in Italian and English
- Project management skills
- Enterprise Leadership approach
- Financial acumen
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across functional areas
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time