American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Java/Big Data
- Leads Technical teams from in continuously improving Technology platform and delivery value - owns all Technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems.
- Works within a team of Engineers to identify application and product architecture in support of the product roadmap.
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Works closely with Product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Interacts with Business Partners to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery.
- Ensures key technical design documentation is completed to a high standard.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to American Express Technologies (AET) standards and guidelines.
- Manages and mentors teams of Junior and Senior Engineers through ongoing development efforts.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, followed by 5 years of progressively responsible experience w/ Java/J2EE and JSP/Servlet application development.
- Experience must include Angular JS, React JS, REST APis, JSON, Selenium, & XML protocols.
- Must demonstrate experience w/testing frameworks, including Junit.
- Experience with web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services Technologies (SOAP, REST), and data structure fundamentals, Open API development, as well as SOA concepts.
- Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools, etc.
- Requires advanced to expert-level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology and an excellent understanding of industry trends and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks.
- Experience with streaming technology stack like Kafka, Storm, Spark and Flink is desired.
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell scripting and Strong in Java / Java EE.
- Demonstrated experience with in memory processing capabilities like Apache Ignite would be a plus.
- Hands-on ability to build quick prototype/visuals to assist with high level product concepts and epic stories.
- Demonstrated experience with third parties to drive solution design is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time