American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Junior UX/UI Designer
About American Express GIM
The American Express Global Information Management team is dedicated to helping drive the future of the business by building and evolving enterprise-wide decision-driving data products and platforms that are built on a strong data science practice, user experience focus and our closed loop data within a secure and safe environment. The UX & Design team is a core driver of the user-centric vision for this product ecosystem. We are headquartered in New York City and strongly believe in driving the success of the people we hire.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside and supporting lead designers on the team across various digital data products, leveraging our end-to-end design process including user research, ideation, and testing
- Forming strong relationships with our product and technology partners in order to facilitate collaboration on defining and solving problems and user needs across these data products
- Getting to know, via research, the key personas behind our products and their nuanced relationships with data in their daily jobs – connecting these insights to your design decisions while also learning more about the data science and machine learning spaces
- Ideating ranges of solutions during the design process, from sketching through wireframing to visual design
- Constantly testing your designs and assumptions with users while balancing our team’s calling to incrementally deliver product improvements, promoting and practicing a lean and iterative approach to product design
- Working with the other designers on the team to drive forward fundamentals of our team practice, including our design language system and our design process
- Actively communicating with all of our partners, articulating design rationale and decisions, and evangelizing for the design team
- Eagerness to collaborate with and learn from our lead designers while becoming an active voice in our team forums
- A desire to truly understand your colleagues, our users, and our stakeholders in order to drive more effective design
- Experience with UX activities including basic forms of generative user research, user needs exploration/mapping, and ideation via sketching and wireframing
- A solid command of visual design principles and facets including hierarchy, balance, grid/layout systems, color, and typography
- BS Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or similar
- 1-2 years working experience whether at agencies or in internal design teams
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time