American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Operational Excellence - Global Merchant and Network Services Group
The Global Merchant and Network Services Group brings together all of the American Express businesses that serve our key partners – merchants, banks, strategic and loyalty partners – to enable a sharp focus on using the power of our network to provide unique value to all of our mutual customers. The objective of the Global Merchant and Network Services Group Operational Excellence team is to drive convergence, prioritization, and execution of control and compliance stakeholders’ expectations to ensure the business unit meets regulatory and internal policy requirements while balancing business goals and merchant satisfaction. To that end, the team is responsible for the oversight and governance of control and compliance programs and initiatives within the business unit. This includes leading global, local, and relevant legal entity activities and also includes execution against all components of the American Express Operational Risk framework.
- Ensure timely completion of relevant regulatory and compliance program deliverables.
- Provide guidance, program oversight/governance and reporting for key stakeholders.
- Support audit, corrective action, and operational risk event remediation efforts related to relevant regulatory or compliance programs.
- Coordinate and drive alignment of cross-functional internal and external partners.
- Self-starter with strong project management experience leading complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with leaders, peers, and control and compliance teams. Previous network relationships with Audit, Operational Risk, Compliance, Tax, Technology, and/or Customer Service teams preferred.
- Exposure to regulatory and policy compliance activities with a strong control mindset.
- Strong team player with ability to influence opinions without having direct authority.
- Working hours flexibility given the international nature of the role.
- Ability to travel.
- BA or BS degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time