American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Analyst - Investment Management
The Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) organization leads prospect acquisition and customer marketing for U.S. Consumer Products and Services, and is one of the largest growth engines within American Express. The Investment Services Team within CMS is responsible for several key functions, including forecasting and goal setting, performance reporting and insights, and budget management/optimization.
This Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for forecasting and tracking investment performance across marketing products and channels. He/she will have the opportunity to communicate regularly with senior level executives and influence forecast and investment decisions. In addition, this role provides a great opportunity to gain exposure to Marketing strategies and initiatives, and the drivers of results/growth. This Senior Analyst will provide consultative support to the leadership team through strategic analytics to highlight trends, risks and opportunities. The individual will be expected to recommend insightful, actionable and sustainable business solutions to drive investment efficiency through data driven insights and strategic initiatives.
- End-to-end ownership of forecast development every month and at key financial milestones (this includes responsibility for data and assumption quality, accurate execution, leadership alignment)
- Track investment performance via various reporting tools/dashboards + custom analytics
- Closely monitor KPI performance and assess what is working / not working
- Understand performance drivers and refresh monthly outlooks to support strategic funding decisions
- Coordination of marketing funding requests
- Close partnership with Finance to assess and communicate funding decisions
- Develop specialized dashboards + impactful presentations to be used at VP/executive leader level
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, Reporting and Analytics Teams, on ongoing tasks and strategic initiatives
- Provide thought leadership to improve processes across the organization
- Superior analytical skills – ability to analyze/understand large data sets, synthesize and draw out relevant insights
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy – strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Solid project management skills – demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent relationship building skills – enjoys working as part of a larger team and fostering relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills – equally capable of interacting with peers and senior leaders
- Very strong aptitude with Excel – formulas, pivot tables, macros
- Analytic or data management programming experience a plus (SAS, Python, R)
- Ability to excel in moments of peak demand when skillful prioritization or delegation / escalation is required
- Positive approach to tackling challenges
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time