American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Architect, Machine Learning & AI
This position is within InAuth, a global leader in Device Intelligence solutions and a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express.
We’re looking for a hands-on leader with strong expertise in machine learning who is proficient at coding and teaching others new frameworks and techniques. Comfortable with both technical and business responsibilities, you will be working with a team of engineers as well as the agile development process for an AI platform. You will be part of the entire sprint process including planning, building product roadmaps, doing daily stand-ups, and retrospectives as well as delegating, mentoring and performing code reviews.
Reporting directly to InAuth’s Head of Product, you will be helping solve deep technical issues while working with a group of engineers across multiple disciplines including Machine Learning, Product Development, QA and DevOps. You will be working closely with Senior Management, Product Management, Data Science, and Software Engineering to ensure consistent, successful sprints so that continuous development and delivery is taking place.
This position is for a strategic role that requires a “doer” attitude. You will be expected to code and work with the existing data science team while also providing strategic insights and direction. If this is you, then we’ve got your next challenge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify new opportunities for machine learning at the company
- Define future product vision and strategies for artificial intelligence
- Partner with executives and stakeholders to build analytical products
- Be technically deep and command the respect of experienced engineers
- Think strategically while rolling up your sleeves to deliver machine learning capabilities and tools with the team
Qualifications to make you stand out:
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development
- Expertise in machine learning strategies, tools, techniques and capabilities
- Strong familiarity with Agile / Scrum Development process
- Experience using Yarn/Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- GBL experience is a huge plus
- Experience managing numerous complex parallel software development projects
- Proven ability to work with software engineers to estimate work and schedules by asking questions, analyzing data, and challenging assumptions
- Excellent problem solving, risk mitigation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with developing and reporting on metrics for software development, test execution, bugs, and other issues
- Highly organized, persistent and tenacious, with the ability to influence, manage and lead
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%, depending on location)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time