American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Account Sales Executive - Small & Medium Enterprise (SME), Global Commercial Payments (Spanish Speaker)
Don’t just work for a respected and successful multinational brand.
Help grow one.
Every member of our executive Account Sales Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know how the support we give helps our customers to achieve business success.
Our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) teams are focused on helping business owners in managing their finances, improve cash flow and stay in control of everyday expenses, whilst earning rewards at the same time. It’s a successful and fast growing global team that continues to be the growth engine of American Express Global Corporate Payments and as such is a critical part of our strategic vision.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. As a Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Account Sales Executive you will focus on the expansion and retention of a portfolio of top strategic clients in Spain with a multimillion charge volume business.
This is a telephone based, highly rewarded Account Sales role, with an excellent package including an attractive incentive scheme. It requires creativity, entrepreneurship coupled with all the traits that make Account Sales professionals successful. You will daily deal with senior executives - including Chief Executive Officers, Financial or Purchasing chiefs – and convince them of our Global Corporate Payment solutions.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Full managerial responsibility of a portfolio of top SME clients with clear focus on portfolio growth and long-term account retention strategy
- Identify client needs with AXP products and services and sell appropriate value components to create greater customer engagement
- Proactively manage an effective pipeline, identifying and prioritising opportunities to achieve and exceed profitable growth targets
- Consistently seek out new sources for expansion opportunities e.g. self-generated, client referrals, subsidiaries or sister companies
- Ensuring premium value is delivered aligned with clients goals, delivering a positive customer experience and achieves customer advocacy
- Understanding client’s opportunities, threats and risks to maintain and grow relationship
- Operating effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders
In return you will receive with a competitive package that includes an incentive scheme under that rewards you with excellent earning potential based on your personal performance contribution and an exceptional range benefits. As you would expect from one of Spain and the world’s Great Places To Work your successes will be recognised by great investment in your personal, career growth and wellbeing as well as financially.
Are you ready for the challenge?
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and attributes:
- · “Will to win” with proven ability to achieve and exceed targets and goals
- · A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales pipeline
- · Challenger mindset with the ability to think creatively to identify new business opportunities
- · Ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of each client’s needs to drive results and identify new business opportunities
- · Exceptional communication skills – including Spanish native language skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
- · Highly engaging telephone communication style with ability to speak confidently with senior executives, capacity to influence decision-makers
- · Ability to work independently whilst also collaborating with team members in different markets to maximize individual and company performance.
- · Aptitude to continually learn new skills, personal resilience
- · Willing and excited to learn about new products, solutions and services that our customers may value
- · Previous experience in a sales role would be a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time