American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Telesales/Sales Professional - Small & Medium Enterprise (SME), Global Commercial Payments (Dutch Speaker)
Anyone can offer a product.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
Every member of our executive sales team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know how the solutions we provide help our customers to achieve business success.
Our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) teams are focused on helping business owners in managing their finances, improve cash flow and stay in control of everyday expenses, whilst earning rewards at the same time. It’s a successful and fast growing global team that continues to be the growth engine of American Express Global Corporate Payments and as such is a critical part of our strategic vision.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. Working within our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Telesales team you will focus on acquiring new SME Customers for American Express, targeting businesses in the Dutch market. This is a telephone based, highly rewarded sales role, with an excellent package including an attractive incentive scheme. It requires creativity, entrepreneurship coupled with all the traits that make Sales Professionals successful. You will daily deal with senior executives - including Chief Executive Officers, Financial or Purchasing chiefs – and convince them in buying our American Express Global Corporate Payment solutions.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Drive new sales, targeting Dutch Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) companies
- Build and effectively manage your own sales pipeline, by identifying, analysing and prioritising opportunities that achieve and exceed profitable growth targets
- Consistently seek out new sources for opportunities e.g. self-generated, client referrals, etc
- Prospecting for new customers through existing leads and maximizing lead generatio
- Identifying key decision makers and articulating the benefits of an Amex business card solution using strong communication and objection handling skills
- Strong negotiation skills and consultative sales skills
- Ability to drive innovation and change; think from client perspective
- Effective time management to drive the end to end sales process
- Operating effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders
In return you will receive with a competitive package that includes an incentive scheme under that rewards you with excellent earning potential based on your personal performance contribution and an exceptional range benefits. As you would expect from one of Spain and the world’s Great Places To Work your successes will be recognised by great investment in your personal, career growth and wellbeing as well as financially.
Are you ready for the challenge?
The successful candidate will bring the following skills and attributes
- Self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on achieving and exceeding targets and goals
- Challenger mindset with the ability to think creatively to identify new business opportunities
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Ability to work independently whilst also collaborating with team members in different markets to maximize individual and company performance.
- Exceptional communication skills – including Dutch native speaker with fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Highly engaging telephone communication style with ability to speak confidently with senior executives.
- Willing and excited to learn about new products, solutions and services that our customers may value
- Previous experience in a sales role would be a plus
- Employment eligibility to work in Spain
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time