American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Public Affairs And Communication Junior Associate - Temporary Position
The Public Affairs and External Communications (PAC) Department is responsible for communicating the organization’s vision, corporate brand and expertise to local and global stakeholders both internal and external, from media, institutions, industry. PAC Department is in charge of developing and executing the organization’s communications and visibility strategy, and supporting the organization’s programs with communications and advocacy campaigns. The department works cross-functionally in support of the organization’s mission and is responsible for the organization’s internal and external publications, media relations, government and industry relations and other visibility-raising initiatives.
The Public Affairs and Communication Junior Associate will have a role in functions of the organization’s internal and external communications and CSR activities. The breadth of this work includes but is not limited to: website and social media support, content creation and growth of the organization’s digital footprint; media, publications tracking; contributions to design projects and branding efforts; and research and collection of information for public affairs materials. The Public Affairs Junior will therefore be in charge of the administrative activities of the department and will report to the Public Affairs and External Communication Director, assisting the department as needed. The Public Affairs Junior Associate will be based at American Express headquarters in Rome and will often travel to Milan.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public affairs, international relations, communications, journalism, economy
- At least 1-3 years experience in international companies
- Knowledge of or interest in Finance as well as Travel & Lifestyle
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills, including word processing, email, internet, excel spreadsheets, power point and databases
- Website management skills
- Expertise with social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook
- Ability to generate and interpret online analytics
- Conversant with online audience-building strategies
- Knowledge of video and image editing software will be an advantage
- Experience in and exposure to an office environment
- Fluency in another language is a plus
- Project Management skills
- Limited administrative skills
- Ethical standards and capability of working with confidential and sensitive information
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time