American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager / Senior Manager - Product Development
- Drive vision and development of new product features based on an intimate knowledge of customer, business and technology
- Ideate and conceive features that generate high customer value and deliver against business goals
- Integrate customer research, usability studies, financial assessments, positioning research and competitive assessments into actionable product requirements
- Conduct A/B tests and Test & Learns in partnership with marketing and digital platform teams to improve customer engagement
- Write user stories, manage product backlog, prioritize features, while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Shepard products through development, testing and launch, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Collaborate with several internal and external partners like Risk, Legal & Compliance, Technology, UX, Customer Acquisition to define features and execute them to launch
- Monitor product data and customer feedback post launch to refine features and iterate
- Understand Global Consumer Lending’s strategic and competitive position to develop products that are recognized best in the industry
- Establish an Agile product development culture in the team
- Passion for digital products and technology
- Commitment to customer focused design
- Bachelor’s Degree plus over 3 years’ experience in product development. Prior experience in lending, financial services or hi-tech domains preferred
- Experience ideating and defining business features and user stories in Rally or a similar tool, prioritizing features based on business / customer value and feasibility, conducting product owner test validations
- Data driven mindset. Basic SQL skills is a plus
- Previous experience in an Agile or Scaled Agile Product Development environment is a plus
- Ability to manage technical, regulatory as well as communication complexity in large multi-workstream initiatives
- Healthy obsession for quality, attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Ability to navigate white space and think analytically to solve problems
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple project priorities and drive flawless execution in a quickly changing, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and influence partners and senior leaders
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time