American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Agile Marketing and Communications Scrum Master - US Consumer Digital Marketing
Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) is responsible for marketing for all US Consumer Charge and Credit products including acquisition of new members, deepening engagement in early tenure, loyalty marketing for tenured members, and retention efforts spanning all channels. The CMS Digital Marketing Prospect Site Team at American Express is focused on delivering best-in-class digital marketing and card shopping experiences to grow new member acquisition.
For this exciting and dynamic role, we are seeking a Scrum Master for an Agile Marketing and Communications scrum team. Agile Marketing and Communications scrum teams focus on developing clear and concise messaging of existing products or services through iterative testing. This is a high profile project with senior leadership support. Three pilot teams were launched in 2017, and American Express plans to continue launching more scrum teams in 2018. This role will be instrumental to paving the way for Agile Marketing and Communications at American Express.
The Manager will be responsible for leading a team and managing a rapidly changing environment. The individual will motivate and push a team to continuously optimize performance – striving to find new and creative ways to solve problems. The individual must be pro-active, flexible to change course when presented with new information and a strong communicator.
- Develop a deep understanding of American Express Marketing communications to help lead an Agile Marketing and Communications scrum team
- Foster an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement
- Foster a team culture and team building dynamics
- Manage E2E process by defining objectives, developing test timelines and managing key cadence of meetings
- Assist teams with a hands-on problem solving approach from ideation through to delivery; troubleshoot issues and escalate issues to the appropriate people
- Communicate actions, changes and team and test results on a regular basis
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions to work efficiently and effectively together including Digital Marketing, Digital Analytics, Creative teams, Testing/CXO, Digital Product, GCO/Compliance, Brand, Campaign Operations
- Experience working with agile teams and knowledge of scrum ceremonies
- Extremely strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Flawless executor with ability to progress work in parallel to meet deadlines
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders across roles and functions, including the ability to advance your position while still fostering a strong working relationship
- Avid customer advocate and innovative problem solver with demonstrated success developing and implementing insights-driven strategies that deliver quantifiable results
- Clear and articulate communicator who can influence partners and provide strategic thought leadership
Preferred: Scrum certification a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time