American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/Senior Manager, Business Loans Product Management
American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Commercial Financing team within Global Product Management is composed of Merchant Financing, Business Loans, Working Capital Terms, and Supply Chain Finance. This team was formed given the importance of driving non-card lending growth for GCP.
Business Loans, a digital term loan solution in GCP for small business owners, is the newest product in our suite of non-card lending solutions and recently launched in May 2017. This product has differentiated itself in the marketplace by offering a seamless online term loan experience at an affordable rate to fund expansion, equipment purchases and/or inventory needs. This solution provides direct access to capital for small business owners combining the utility of traditional banks with the user experience of alternative lenders.
In this intrapreneurial fintech venture, the Manager/Sr Manager of Business Loans will play a vital role in the development of this new product for the OPEN population, innovate the value proposition, and oversee the project management and implementation new product features. Achieving results in this role will require the incoming Manager/Sr Manager to be an influential partner and leader of cross-functional teams including Customer Marketing, Product Development & Operations, Technologies, Finance, Risk, Client Management, Sales Force Effectiveness, GCO, and Compliance.
- Build and execute product roadmaps to support longer-term product vision and strategy
- Design and develop product features, experiences and capabilities to deliver customer needs and remain compelling in the marketplace
- Collaborate across internal business partners to bring new features, experiences and capabilities to market on time and within budget, in order to optimize loan volume and customer engagement/promotership
- Identify opportunities to innovate on the value proposition and drive them forward by influencing internal business partners
- Collaborate to deliver a seamless customer experience across the entire customer lifecycle and all product benefits, including close partnership with key internal business partners
- Define and track key metrics to drive engagement and performance
- Reports to the Director of Business Loans, Global Product Management
- Some travel required
- Strategic thinking, marketing strategy and project management skills and an interest in building an expertise in bringing new financing products to market across back-end and front-end capabilities
- Strong leadership and ability to build/leverage relationships and influence to drive results
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions, preferably in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity
- B2B experience with product management expertise preferred
- Bachelor degree or higher is required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time