American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/Senior Manager, Risk Management
- Work with Risk business partners across the globe to understand their strategies, translate risk business needs into risk business logic that can be executed on multiple risk platforms across American Express.
- Guide the business process design to be global, holistic, and modular to support multiple business strategies and local nuances
- When needed, be able to author / program the business logic into the respective executable system – and perform all the required development stages (documentation, testing, implementation).
- Provide a point of view and consultation to technology architects to ensure the platform solution meets business functions and performance requirements
- Manage day to day prioritization of work, communicate risks and mitigation options, provide ongoing status on projects
- Stay informed of emerging trends, engage in discussions that drive next generation of strategies and solutions
- Build and maintain relationship across the community of stakeholders such as credit and fraud strategy teams, various levels of leadership partners, technology teams, and customer care service professionals.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Financial industry work experience will be a plus
- Prior understanding of American Express risk systems will be a plus
- Working knowledge of machine learning principles
- Work experience as a programmer in various systems
- Experience using various rules engines / similar user interface authoring tools will be a plus
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Work experience an agile software development framework
- Ability to synthesize concepts and translate to requirements, and executable/logical blocks of programming language
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time