American Express Profesiones
Por favor introduzca una dirección válida de correo electrónico
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager Pricing
Descripción del Trabajo
The LAC Merchant Pricing team within MSA LAC is responsible for establishing and administering pricing policies and strategies for the $23B+ of purchasing volume on the American Express network, as well as a range of value-added products to our merchants, including Plan N and Express Pay.
The Senior Manager, Merchant Pricing, LAC will report to the Director, LAC Merchant Pricing and will be a member of the Americas Pricing Team. This is a strategic role in LAC where revenue is driven by a combination of discount revenue, Plan N revenue, Express Pay revenue and Speed-of-Pay interest revenues. The successful candidate will have a strong commercial, financial and analytical background with strong technical capabilities as the role interacts with clients, optimizes our revenue for growth and requires internal and external information to quantify the value delivered to our merchants and support coverage growth strategies.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing custom pricing solutions and actively participating in negotiation strategy for Large Merchants
- Supporting GMS activities, including contract renegotiations and new signings, across a range of proprietary and non-proprietary markets in the LAC region
- Defining and overseeing execution of pricing initiatives to ensure our merchant pricing is aligned with the value we provide and to deliver financial benefits to GMS and to the Blue Box
- Managing discount rate planning, forecasting and variance analysis for the LAC region
- Developing and implementing globally aligned, processes, policies and approaches - Develop and articulate the relationship between value delivered and price of card acceptance across all relevant industry segments to internal and external audiences, understand the relationship between risk and return in the B2B segment and understand the relationship between interest rates and profitability of Plan N and Express Pay
- Understand and explain competitive pricing practices in the LAC markets and implications for Amex
- Quickly assess specific merchant situations and develop a pricing recommendation that is consistent with GMP guidelines, sensitive to the particular merchant situation, and profitable to GMS and to the Blue Box
- Lead pricing aspects of merchant discussions and negotiations, as appropriate
- Provide training and support to Client Management teams in articulating value and explaining pricing The Senior Manager, Merchant Pricing LAC will be responsible for assess and prioritize new pricing concepts, build the business case and drive the execution and implementation of critical strategies and programs. The incumbent will partner with Merchant Services LAC to provide strategic and analytical support on merchant negotiations, new industry entry strategies, and merchant value strategies, while emphasizing the goal to expand the franchise and profitably grow our business
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent strategic thought leadership and comfort working with unstructured problems; strong problem-solver;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Able to engage, motivate and develop a team of high-performing individuals; high-energy and authentic leadership style
-Demonstrated excellence in building and maintaining internal and external partnerships; strong relationship management, influence-management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Experience working with Genesis, MS3, MARC, RAMP, IDN, Merchant Force, TM1 and VBA and SQL programming desirable
- Superior communication skills - oral and written
- MBA and GMS/merchant customer interaction experience preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo