American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager - Finance, Rewards Corporate Controllership
This position provides control and financial statement oversight for the US Rewards programs, representing a balance sheet liability of ~$7B and annual expense of ~$4B. The successful candidate will serve as an advisor to business partners across multiple business units, consulting on finance, accounting and control practices for key business-driven initiatives.
Additionally, this position will work closely within the wider team to drive specific Rewards-related projects and automations. This position serves as a key member of the Global Rewards Center of Excellence (COE), reporting to the Director, Controller. The successful candidate should have knowledge of card economics and an understanding of how loyalty programs drive those economics. Additionally, familiarity with American Express financial systems, operational and technical accounting, internal controls and overall business acumen will be key success factors along with very strong interpersonal skills.
- Advisory to business partners to ensure the control and integrity of Rewards-related initiatives
- Ensure Rewards projects are completed with appropriate control and finance requirements
- Work closely with all areas of the Company involved in the Rewards process to drive automation and efficiency
- Support in preparation of monthly Rewards-related management reporting, constantly driving innovation and change
- Interface with key reporting systems and interaction with technologies groups
- Partial ownership of key technology systems and relationships
- Oversight and testing of a robust control environment for E2E Rewards
- Identify accounting and reporting issues and support root cause investigation and resolution
- Support Global Rewards Policy compliance
- Drive team protocol compliance
- Degree required, Accounting or Finance discipline preferred; CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in Controllership, Accounting or Finance
- Proven analytical skills; knowledge of Rewards or the loyalty industry is a plus
- Strong process improvement and project implementation experience
- Exceptional commitment and proven adherence to quality and accuracy
- Proven self-leadership supporting critical processes with tight deadlines and high visibility to senior management
- Proficient knowledge of AXP Finance and Tech systems and processes
- Ability to process information quickly, identify issues and areas for follow-up
- Strong communication and relationship skills; effectively navigates through a matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of SOX, Operational Risk and/or Audit
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time