American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Strategic Planning Group
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Strategic Planning Group (“SPG”), American Express’ internal strategic management consulting team, has a two-fold mission:
- To be a partner for our business unit clients and for the broader company by analyzing and supporting the most critical strategic initiatives;
- To attract high-performing talent, develop their business and people leadership competencies, and transition them to be successful leaders in the company.
Our customers are top executive management who engage us to solve critical business challenges and evaluate growth opportunities. Consultants in SPG are continuously surprised at the incredible breadth and depth of project assignments.
A role with American Express in SPG offers the unique opportunity to work across all business lines with some of the top strategic minds in business while further developing consulting and leadership skills.
Like management consulting, SPG offers diverse and challenging work. In addition, the job provides a stronger sense of ownership, a better lifestyle and, importantly, a clear path to management within American Express.
At SPG, you will also take part in a structured training curriculum that leverages both internal and external resources. SPG serves as a key talent pool for American Express, with consultants “rolling out” to new roles in business units across the globe.
SPG Leadership provides team members with tailored support to help each individual find the right next role in American Express. Many senior executives — including former CEO Ken Chenault — began their careers at American Express in SPG.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing as a Manager in SPG at American Express:
- Performing analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the highest strategic priorities
- Engaging business unit leaders to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Collaborating with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Participate in various networking events with senior leaders across business units to build a network and a deeper understanding of the company
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you ready for the challenge?
To be a success in SPG you will need to bring the following skills, experiences and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Strong problem solving abilities and creativity in considering solutions
- Quantative aptitude
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong professional/executive presence; effective communication and presentation skills with senior stakeholders
- Desire to drive change
- Dedication to clients; professional services mindset
- A track record of results, a passion for people, and an interest in building a long-term career at American Express
- Demonstrable experience gained in a Top Strategy Consulting House, additional experience in industry would be welcomed
- Excellent degree qualification from a leading university, MBA would be preferred but not essential
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time