American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Analyst/Assistant Manager- Enterprise Digital Analytics
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Business Analyst/Assistant Manager- EDA
To achieve our aggressive goals, GNICS is focused on a number of priorities: Increase acquisition. Drive online spend. Transform Rewards. Reinvigorate organic billings. Invest wisely. Extend assets to partners. And achieve all of this with excellence.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business.
A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. Obviously, EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
The Acquisition and Early Engagement team’s aim is to find prospects, make them customers, get them engaged as soon as possible, and do it all digitally.
CUSTOMER MARKETING: DRIVE ENGAGEMENT AND SPEND THROUGH AMEX DIGITAL CHANNELS
Customer Marketing is responsible for driving engagement and spending of existing AMEX CMs through Amex’s digital channels, such as Web browser, mobile APP, bespoke offers website and Email.
Team is responsible for developing advanced analytical and personalization capabilities to improve relevance of content and channels for AMEX CMs. Team also manages the campaign platforms that support these efforts and run the analytics to proactively shape the targeted CM base.
REWARDS: ATTRACT CUSTOMERS & INCREASE ENGAGEMENT THROUGH A BEST-IN-CLASS LOYALTY PROGRAM
The Rewards team is responsible for the overall management of our rewards programs across both proprietary and network markets. This entails the strategy of the overall programs, capability development including the move to digital, multinational partnership management, and managing rewards expense while improving the customer experience.
SEARCH ANALYTICS: The Search Analytics team has the objective of creating a competitive advantage for American Express in acquiring card members through the Search channel, using focused actionable insights using data analysis. The team works in close collaboration with the Channel Management team to inform and guide strategies that increase efficiencies and expands market share. It also includes, staying up to date with industry trends, while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficiency of campaigns, specifically for the digital channel.
REPORTING and BUSINESS INSIGHTS (RBI)
The RBI team within EDA organization is responsible for creating and maintaining data repositories and reporting solutions which enable the GNICS business to drive effective business strategies, make fact based decisions and track business outcome.
• Post graduate (M.Tech / MBA / M. Stats / MA Economics) with 0 to 5 year work-experience in analytics industry.
• Expertise in application of analytics (applied statistics / quantitative methods) for solving business problems. Competency in standard data mining and customer segmentation techniques is also desirable e.g. Decision trees, Clustering or Neural Networks.
• Minimum 2 years of programming experience in Base SAS, SAS Macros, SQL in a UNIX environment.
• Advanced experience with MS-Excel is a must. Programming with VBA and Excel Macros is a must.
• Ability to understand data, research and fix issues. Be hands on with working on large datasets.
• Practical coding experience with statistical analysis programming languages such as SAS and Python / R.
• Expertise in data mining and synthesis of multiple databases; Knowledge of Big Data platforms and programming will be required (or expected to rapidly learn the same on the role).
• Understanding of web tracking data and related technologies (Java, HTML).
• Expertise in technical project management involving multiple stakeholders.
• Analytical and project management support to digital tests conducted across markets on landing pages, application pages and prospect journey pages.
• Understanding consumer behavior based on browsing devices i.e. Mobile, PC, Tablet etc. and then optimize journey for these.
• Leverage advanced analytical skills to develop solutions such as recommender engines, dynamic content on our websites based on visitors’ browsing behavior.
• Driving definition of online success metrics, and improvement in the efficiency of drivers of the business related to digital space, through modeling or exploring other analytical solutions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time