American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Analysis Manager
About American Express
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The Staff Groups Controllership organization is looking for a proactive, energetic, intelligent and dedicated individual that can integrate well into a high performing and dynamic environment. This organization provides strategic advisory and technical accounting guidance to our business partners, as well as support for the Company’s external reporting activities. We are looking for a Finance and Accounting professional with the ability to operate both successfully and efficiently across varying tasks and deadlines, and who demonstrates strong communication and collaboration skill
Responsibilities: This position will support the ongoing and new restructuring initiatives of end to end accounting and reporting framework. Further support on various line of business partners on proper accounting and reporting for Legal Reserves, Restructuring and Other Exit Costs.
Key responsibilities include:
• Performing accounting, adequacy and reporting for the Company’s restructuring initiatives
• Performing other accounting functions under the responsibility of Staff Groups team related to outplacement costs, legal cost, accounting for benefits and other HR costs etc
• Supporting preparation of AXP annual footnote disclosures and legal entity financial disclosures related to commitments and contingencies
• Supporting end-to-end reviews of key financial processes and driving enhancements where appropriate
• Supporting internal and external auditors with audit and quarterly review requirements
• Develop financial control oversight processes, proactively identify process efficiencies, and monitor compliance with internal management policies.
• Assist with external reporting for the Company, including SEC and Bank Holding company filings, Earnings Releases and legal entity financial Disclosures.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Qualifications• 1-2 years Finance or Accounting degree
• CA/CPA preferred
• Operational accounting experience along with process excellence
• Demonstrated problem solving/analytical skills and prior experience in a fast paced, results-driven organization.
• Good understanding of financial statement relationships between balance sheet and income statements.
• Strong systems aptitude with strong excel/automation skills.
• Strong work ethics, Self-motivated, Dependable
• Strong financial control focus, requiring ability to proactively understand and identify risks from an end-to-end perspective.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• Commitment to working in a team environment to achieve results.
• Ability to multi task while adhering to time sensitive deadlines.
• Flexible, results-driven and able to lead and influence without authority.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time