American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Credit & Collections Specialist
American Express has been in existence for 160 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. American Express employees are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the response that our people make to an ever-changing environment. Every new member of our Global Servicing Network - Credit team has the opportunity to become a participant and not an observer, and by using your unique skills and background you can help us deliver superior products and services to our shareholders, customers and employees.
Our Credit Specialists know that helping customers is the heart of our business which means providing excellent customer service, while enabling spend and collecting on past due accounts.
The Primary objective of this role is to:
- Negotiate, collect and resolve accounts using persuasive communication skills and a consultative approach to encourage future card usage.
- Utilize your negotiation and influencing abilities by offering our Small Business and Consumer customers’ solutions using products and services from the American Express Portfolio.
- Make Quality decisions on all Cases leveraging a variety of tools and strategies
- Skillfully reduce Credit Losses
- Collect on Past Due accounts while mitigating risk
- Handle high-volume of inbound/outbound calls on past due and current accounts in a dialer environment while following established credit procedures.
- Stay within acceptable performance standards and quality goals.
- A strong customer focus with the ability to have detailed and intelligent financial discussions with Card Members
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Proven Analytical and decision making skill
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation
- Strong Interpersonal skills with proven ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced, metrics driven environment
- Extremely adaptable in a changing environment and flexible with schedules
- Able to deliver Strong Quality Monitor and Compliance performance
- A good knowledge of credit and collections
- Bilingual (French / English) is an asset
- Must be flexible with schedules and adaptable to constant change
Our current hour of operations are M-F 8am to 9pm and Sat 9am-5pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time