American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
This Director will play a critical role providing key decision support and FP&A to the Global Consumer Services Technology organization (including Credit and Fraud Risk), while also interfacing frequently with the GCSG Finance (LFO) community on the Technology Service Fees charged. This is a traditional LFO function responsible for monthly financial analysis and results reporting, proactive management of risk and opportunities and planning & forecasting. In addition to the traditional responsibilities, this Director will also be responsible to evaluate current processes and identify relevant process improvements and develop strategies to improve analytical capabilities and create tactical plans to enable implementation of the strategy. The Director will collaborate within AET Finance and across the Technology organization to provide financial oversight and perform due diligence on large technology initiatives and in support of AET’s long term strategies. This includes development and review of cost benefit analyses (and tracking of results), review of deal economics and vendor rate analysis for our outsourced third party technology providers. The Director will also be involved in driving the continued evolution, enhancement and usage of Technology’s financial management tools and capabilities. This Director will have a small team to lead, motivate and develop in order to drive results.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of P&L’s, metrics, cost drivers, budgets/forecasts, transfer pricing, cost allocation, impacts of F/X and expense recovery with the ability to strategically link processes, systems, metrics and financials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations to a senior audience. Must be able to communicate financial results to non-finance individuals
- Ability to manage and prioritize across multiple projects and drive results within tight timeframes. Flexibility to meet changing business priorities; comfort in dealing with ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead and collaborate with colleagues and teams to deliver transformational outcomes with demonstrated project management experience
- Proactive and strategically focused thought leadership skills and the ability to think creatively
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to mentor, motivate and develop a team of finance professionals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence across various levels of management
- Excellent relationship builder with a strong customer focus
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, initiative and strong work ethic are essential
- Broad understanding of Technologies functions and business drivers desired
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance or Accounting), MBA preferred
- 5-9 years of relevant Finance / Business work experience
- 5+ years of people leadership experience and project management skills is desirable
- TM1/Essbase and Oracle knowledge a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time