American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Japanese Speaking Blended Consultant – Premium Travel & Lifestyle
For more than 100 years, American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services has served and inspired extraordinary lives by delivering WOW experiences every day. Using our Extraordinary Care global servicing ethos, we listen and inspire loyalty by offering unparalleled value and expertise to our Card Members with enthusiasm and passion. We craft personalized solutions and create truly memorable experiences through our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits. Whether through booking online or speaking with one of our travel and lifestyle experts around the world, we provide customers with the options and support they need to travel with confidence.
The Travel & Lifestyle Services Japan After-Hours team serves Premium Japanese Card Members via several servicing channels including our telephone service center in Toronto. This Centre of Excellence not only focuses on the customer experience but also employee engagement and revenue generation.
Our consultants who provide both travel and hospitality/concierge services to our Premium Card Members require the following;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with demonstrated ability to communicate strongly and effectively. Must have excellent listening skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to be able to communicate with and provide consultative servicing to premium card members.
- Be able to be both empathetic and assertive with customers. Demonstrates ability to manage premium card member expectations.
- Cope well under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Possess effective problem solving skills with focus on the card member.
- Be able to demonstrate strong persuasive /influencing skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to work shifts including evenings
- Bilingual in Japanese and English (written and spoken)
- Travel and hospitality/concierge booking experience an asset.
- Recent usage and proficiency with a GDS is required; preferably Sabre
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time