American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information Security Analyst
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads specification and design of large systems within the Data Management & Advanced Analytics Team in the Cyber Analytics organization.
- Reviews others’ systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience in JAVA, Java E2EE, and API development.
- Thorough understanding and years of experience developing of XML, JSON , Rest and Soap Web Services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Application Server experience with JBoss and Tomcat is required.
- Specific experience in Apache Solr and SolrJ integration including configuration and query development is required.
- Experience with version controls tools like GIT, SVN, etc.is desired.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary.
- Experience in support of infrastructure build out and configuration, including performance and stress test support and consultation on the development of those test plans.
- Responsible for driving solutions that adhere, enable, and enforce of Security Standards and policies as well as the business needs.
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches.
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation; takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Skilled in the delivery methodology used by the team (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Drive Development, Waterfall, etc.).
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects.
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
Education and Experience
- 10 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and collaboration within a teams of engineers.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, technology, or has equivalent work experience in software development / maintenance; advanced degree is a plus
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities through innovation; keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry.
- Tries new approaches when problem solving, seeking ideas, or suggestions from others as appropriate; able to perform root cause analysis.
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive innovation by generating creative ideas and solutions.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others; holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Manages multiple tasks effectively – progresses work in parallel.
- Looks for ways to make changes work rather than only identifying why change will not work.
- Understands technical aspects of the job and uses appropriate technology for the situation at hand.
- Carries out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems.
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives.
- Adapts to change quickly and easily.
- Handles problems and acts on own initiative without being prompted.
- Knows when to escalate decisions and when to make on-the-spot decisions.
- Identifies a number of ways to do things differently that will continuously improve the product.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time