American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Produce Financial Reporting of investment activity for the Banks.
- Be responsible for monthly General Ledger close activities including completing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analyses.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on CRA related activity as well as technical accounting oversight of new accounting initiatives and their impact on the Banks.
- Provide sub-ledger maintenance and control for the Bank’s CRA loans investments and CRA equity & cost method investments.
- Provide monthly & quarterly supporting schedules on investment portfolio to Bank Management, CRA department, tax department and forecasting team.
- Evaluate control processes to identify and implement process improvements and ensure compliance with SOX 404 and other internal control requirements. This individual will also be responsible for testing SOX and FDICIA controls throughout the year.
- Provide accounting support on special projects related to key business and financial initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, including financial reporting, accounting, and/or audit.
- Understanding of US GAAP, finance practices, bank regulations, and regulatory reporting guidelines.
- An understanding of closing processes, journal entries and accruals, settlement processes, and cash movements and balancing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, drive projects, improve processes, and work well under time-pressured deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong spreadsheet skills with the ability to present financial information clearly and concisely.
- Dedicated, reliable, self-motivated individual with strong organizational capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to lead initiatives and maintain strong working relationships with business partners.
- Ability to ensure that the daily, weekly and month-end responsibilities are completed timely.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a continuously changing environment and also willing to work necessary hours in order to meet deadlines and provide a quality product to customers.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or Masters of Accounting is preferred.
- CPA certification strongly preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time