American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mgr-Compliance (Line of Business)
- Work closely with management to ensure execution and alignment to the Compliance Risk Management Policy and associated Programs while promoting a culture of compliance across the global team.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Attend committee meetings and other critical meetings as a delegate to represent management, take minutes and cascade key messages when necessary.
- Review and analyze data across the business for trends, inconsistencies and issues that require escalation and further action.
- Actively play the role of Compliance Risk Assessment Champion by providing visible support to the global team, act as a conduit for inquiries and requests, maintain and create best practices and training, monitor progress, clear obstacles and provide regular updates to the management team.
- Assess compliance training needs and assist with the development and presentation of appropriate training programs and materials, as necessary.
- Be responsible for the management, support and overall coordination of a variety of projects and initiatives.
- Compile data and prepare reports for Senior Management and other personnel, as needed.
- Assist with creating new and enhancing existing processes to increase efficiency within the department.
- Coordinate and track compliance efforts, exceptions and remediation actions with ICT and Compliance SMEs, auditors and regulatory examiners, as necessary.
- Coordinate with SMEs to provide support of the Annual Compliance Plan (ACP) and manage and track progress against the ACP goals to closure.
- Consolidate and organize the quarterly Business Unit Compliance Assessment and communicate key risks via the Control and Compliance Rating exercise to management.
- May act as the point person to review and conduct research on any SQP investments submitted by the business to ensure there is a true Compliance component.
- Familiar with the roles and functions of a line of business compliance officer.
- Five or more years in the banking industry with a primary focus on compliance, or related experience within the within the financial industry or related fields.
- Working knowledge of banking/financial regulatory compliance, federal and state compliance laws and regulations.
- Must be able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Keen analytical and data management skills (i.e. Excel) required.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding judgment and flexibility, identifying and reacting to critical issues in a timely manner.
- Must have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to research, access and interpret technical data, determine the regulatory impact to business initiatives and influence decisions.
- Bachelors degree required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time