American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Team Leader-Customer Service
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• Managing day to day operations of a team of customer service representatives that handle all aspects of customer accounts, inquiries, and problem resolution of client calls.
• Ensure daily monitoring of service levels in line with laid out guidelines.
• Service sellers on the Travel Funds Direct (TFD) and customers from key corporate for Corporate Travelers Cheques (CTC).
• Process stock orders; follow through on deliveries for the TFD & CTC customers.
• Have sales settlement processed accurately, efficiently as per the SLA’s.
• Professionally receive and respond to seller’s queries on re-supplies, settlements, encashment assistance, acceptance and any other TC related matters. Refer sellers and courteously to relevant departments where necessary.
• Develops and monitors policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow between front end and various other departments.
• Provide prompt and courteous responses to all general SOSS inquiries received from sellers, internal and external customers.
• Ensure all requests & queries received from sellers via eServices, faxes, telephonically and resolves comprehensively within prescribed SLAs.
• Supporting the 6 sigma initiatives in the region.
• Assist in Co-ordination of the BCP efforts for India & reporting regions.
• Effective supervision, coaching & development of the team members.
• Review orders for risk factors, over limit and makes decisions based on qualitative and quantitative factors. Average order size is $30-$50k, with many orders exceeding hundred thousand dollars.
• Interpret risk or fraud data to determine exposure and act to balance service and risk, ensuring appropriate and cost effective decisions & alerting corresponding systems to prevent additional exposure.
• Ensure daily monitoring of team order reviews, are in line with SOX guidelines.
• Hold regular (daily, monthly, quarterly etc) calls with key linkages globally to build relationship, continually check for acceptable service levels and address concerns.
• Professionally receive and respond to sellers’ queries on re-supplies, settlements and any other risk related matters. Refer sellers promptly and courteously to relevant departments where necessary.
• Coordinate through active follow-ups and monitoring all inventory transfers in the region within or between sellers.
• Maintain rigorous focus on control and ensure compliance to all risk policies and procedures.
• Ensure Trust Receipt follow-up for the region is timely to prevent exposure to Amex. Manage timely and accurate updation of TCs as Lost by Outlet (LBO) basis requests received from sellers and various teams across the globe within stringent timelines.
• Manages team to identify potential fraud and risk situations and execute action plans. Review current exposure positions of accounts, which range from $100k to several million dollars.
• Proactively manage accounts to eliminate potential risk situations involving aged/excess inventory and missing shipments.
• High dollar exceptions escalated to management as needed.
• 4-6 years of experience in back office operations / customer service roles.
• Good oral and written communications skills necessary to interact with global linkages(both internal & external).
• Good customer service, analytical and conceptual skills.
• Good relationship management skills.
• Ability to work within a diverse & multi-tasked team environment.
• Good knowledge of accounting principles & procedures.
• Excellent attention for detail and ability to follow procedures and controls, without exception.
• Motivated, self-starter & results driven.
• Good People leadership skills.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with team members and deliver on customer experience.
• Good presentation skills.
Shift - 24/7 Environment.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time