American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Software Engineer - OFSAA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications
• Typically spends 70-80% of time writing, testing and implementing code to deliver on business requirements.
• Support the business-as-usual requests related to Regulatory data and processes
• Identify opportunities to improve/simplify the current code base, and reduce the technology cost.
• Performs hands-on software development and testing.
• Functions as a core member of an agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing, and builds automation tools.
• Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability including performance tuning.
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
• Builds and maintains Testing Automation process and execution
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
QualificationsThis high energy Software Engineer must have:
• BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of PL/SQL and performance tuning experience
• 2+ years of OFSAA development experience
• Must demonstrate experience with Oracle databases and Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications.
• Experience with scripting in Linux/Unix environments and applying Oracle performance tuning techniques in large-scale data warehouses is required.
• Demonstrated experience in SDLC/Agile Safe development, application design, software development, and testing
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
• Experience inclusive of Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) is preferred.
• Experience with ETL/Informatica a plus
• Knowledge of Basel / U.S. Regulatory Reporting preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time