American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager of Accounting - New Products
The U.S. Banking Controllership team within American Express is responsible for overseeing and managing the accounting activities primarily for American Express Centurion Bank (“AECB”) and American Express Bank, FSB (“FSB” and together the “Banks”) – two entities which collectively comprise a significant portion of the American Express business. Broadly, the Controllership team ensures the integrity of the Banks’ financial results in accordance with U.S. GAAP, provides an effective control environment over financial reporting, works to eliminate controllable financial risk, and supports growth in the business while balancing control and compliance. We work extensively with other Finance colleagues and subject matter experts, U.S. Banking teams and leaders, business partners, General Counsel’s Office, and various regulatory agencies (i.e. FRB, OCC, FDIC, and UDFI), among others. The team is committed to excellence, talent development, encouraging work/life balance, and timely recognition of team members.
The Manager, New Products Accounting within U.S. Banking Controllership will report directly to the Director, New Products/Reg W Accounting – U.S. Banking Controllership. This individual will be responsible for managing processes and administering new product related accounting and development needs of the Banks. The New Products Accounting team partners with the various business development teams providing end-to-end change management support from a finance, controllership and regulatory perspective.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage end-to-end change management processes for Controllership to enable and support business growth
- Support the development of strong working relationships and communication with key business partners and senior leaders
- Support/lead special projects to drive process enhancements and automation initiatives
- Drive employee engagement, provide career development opportunities, and support work/life balance initiatives for Controllership team members
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting / Auditing / Financial Reporting
- Strong understanding of Regulatory, US GAAP, and SEC reporting and accounting guidelines
- A self-starter, proactive team player with a passion to consistently deliver high quality service and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ability to lead, coach, develop and promote talent
- Ability to understand a Company’s businesses, processes and unique internal financial reporting systems and operations
- A quick learner with superior problem solving skills. Focused on generating efficiencies and continuous process improvements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, drive projects, improve processes, and work well under time-pressured deadlines
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Strong written/oral communication, relationship building, presentation and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels and stakeholders of an organization including senior leaders, as well as with external regulators and auditors
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Graduate degree and/or CPA a plus
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience working in financial services or other highly regulated environment preferred
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time