American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Service Delivery Manager
When millions of customers count on you,
It takes hundreds of critical applications and utilities to support our customers. Our Service Delivery Managers know there’s no excuse for missed availability targets, outages, or unresolved problems. So if you have the skill and the resolve to keep everything running smoothly, you owe it to yourself to look into a career with American Express.
Improve our processes and your career.
Spot disruptions before they happen. Identify and mitigate risks. Identify reengineering opportunities. That’s just some of what you’ll be responsible for here.
- Make certain that incidents and problems are classified, prioritized, resourced, and remedied.
- Implement preventative to avoid reoccurrences
- Plan, assign and manage resources across multiple development groups
- Monitor, control and report expenditures throughout development
- Resolve problems for business/development groups or vendors
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred
- Prior relevant IT work experience required
- Requires deep knowledge of all applications, services and dependencies across the Prepaid platform
- Experienced in the ITIL process suite and ITSM; certifications are a plus
- Process engineering, documentation and management experience
- Strong written and oral communications
- Proven ability to manage multiple efforts/projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to meet commitments and manage priorities in a high paced environment
- Requires knowledge across multiple business and technical environments, covering a large range of business functions and capabilities
- Requires financial acumen in terms of monitoring, controlling and reporting budget expenditure
Role Core Competencies
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Business Risk Management
- Information Security
- Financial Management
- Governance and Reporting
- Incident Management
- IT Infrastructure
- Problem Management
- Service Level Management
- Vendor Management Processes/Policies
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time