American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer-Full Stack/ Java- Security Engineering
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects(own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Up to 6 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages including Java, .NET, Cloud Platform & Services, like Microsoft Azure and iOS.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation UI, AngularJS, etc. and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, service oriented architecture, SOAP and RESTful Web Services and relational databases like Oracle etc.
- Prior experience with IAM Products: SailPoint Identity IQ, Oracle Identity Manager is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required;
- Additional Preferred Certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Certification J2EE, Application Design Certification, CISSP, CISM
- High-performing Behaviors Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive innovation by generating creative ideas and solutions
- Keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry
- Understands technical aspects of the job and uses appropriate technology or the situation at hand
- Tries new approaches when problem solving, seeking ideas, or suggestions from others asappropriate
- Carries out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
- Is clear when explaining ideas and concepts to others, communication is structured and easy to understand
- Manages multiple tasks effectively - progresses work in parallel
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Handles problems and acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Knows when to escalate decisions and when to make on-the-spot decisions
- Applies data analysis, data modeling and quality assurance techniques to aid in the development of data structures and associated components
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions, cases and scripts based on the requirements and specifications provided
- Has working knowledge of the range of tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Able to participate in assigned team’s software delivery methodology (Agile, Scrum, Agile XP, Test-Driven Development, Waterfall, etc.)
- Codes individual models using the relevant programming language(s) and frameworks
- Integrates software and hardware sub-systems in new systems, upgrades, enhancements and conversions
- Assists in detailed database design and carries out data design required by report generation for small ad hoc jobs
- Understands and has practical experience with infrastructure technologies and components like servers, jvms, databases, and networking concepts
- Identifies a number of ways to do things differently that will continuously improve the product
Technology Core Competencies
Role Core Competencies
Industry and Company Knowledge
Organizational Change Management
Technology Industry Trends
Collaboration & Teamwork
Programming Languages and Frameworks
SDLC Methodologies and Practices
System/Platform Domain Knowledge
Are you up for the challenge?
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
Programming Languages and Frameworks
Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time