American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology roadmap, and create transformational opportunities for Amex business. If you have the talent and desire to deliver state-of-the-art products and services at a rapid pace while serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, then join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative team responsible for delivering world class customer experiences. You will be challenged with the planning, coordination and status reporting of Agile projects from initiation to implementation. This high visibility role is crucial in managing project costs, resources, change requests, risks, and issues to ensure that maximum business benefits are maintained.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates project status through reporting
- Manages SDLC activities including online forms and project documents as necessary
- Manages resource on/off-boarding and profiles
- Creates project forecasts – sizing in SDLC project management tools
- Creates resource tasks assignments in SDLC PM tool
- Creates project plans (i.e. Work Breakdown Structure in SDLC PM tool)
- Coordinates engagements with supporting Technology delivery teams
- Coordinates administrative activities around project management including strategic architecture review, tech service requests, and change management records
- Coordinates funding allocation with PMOs for Master Projects
- Manages sub-project funding allocation/re-allocation
- Translates project work effort into project cost
- Monitors project costs(forecast) and variances
- Manages SOW process
- Performs general ledger allocation and makes timely updates to Debit Rule as needed for project management
- Tracks and monitors project and resource financial adjustments
- Validates and reconciles payments against expenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 3+ years of experience in project management specifically financial acumen in terms of representing project financials within PPM tools and in SDLC Project Management tool
- Solid financial and technical acumen, specifically around capacity management, project cost estimation, financial tracking, Burn Rates, budgets vs. actuals, etc.
- Experience in leading multiple projects through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodology
- Certification preferred: PMI or equivalent Project Management certification (e.g. Certified Associate in Project Management, Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time