American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Analyst/ Lead Analyst
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The individual will be part of the Inter-company Controllership Team, will be responsible for activities related to AEIPL (India) Charge-out Accounting, GST Accounting, Preparation of GST reports, Preparation of Audit schedules, Query handling across the globe & Co-ordination with Controllership & Tax teams.
This position will have below responsibilities -
• This role is highly compliance driven and nature of job requires very high level of accountability
• Basic understanding of Intercompany process, GST, Intercompany Elimination and Governance.
• Flexibility to work across different time zones.
• The incumbent should also have good communication skills, ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvements
• The incumbent will be required to handle independently the AEIPL Charge-out Accounting, Process Validations, Query handling and Audit support.
• The incumbent will be required to handle independently the AEIPL GST Accounting, GST reporting, Process Validations, Query handling and Audit support.
• The incumbent will need to work directly with AEIPL Controllership & India Tax team.
• The incumbent shall ensure compliance with all prevalent procedures and policies linked to the process assigned to him/her.
• The incumbent should be able to maintain high accuracy, productivity standards and should have high willingness to learn.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Qualifications• Commerce Graduate minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar job
• Must possess strong accounting, analytical, MS Excel/MS access skills.
• Well versed with Inter-company charge-out accounting, Indian GAAP knowledge would be preferred
• Good experience on working Oracle R12 suite
• Must have strong results-orientation, resourcefulness, and flexibility to overcome significant obstacles to goal achievement in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent team player with strong inter-personal skills and be able to interact with multiple Employee levels / Business partners / Customers
• A self-starter with ability to manage change and deliver results on multiple time sensitive projects
• Good Communication Skills
• Good on Multitasking and Time management
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time