American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Fraud Account Protection Specialist
Global Fraud Protection Services is currently recruiting for exceptional Account Protection Specialists that will help guard our American Express card members against Fraud. In this role, successful candidates must be able to effectively listen to our customers, make a connection, acknowledge and empathize when appropriate. In addition, he/she will need to provide direction to victims of fraud in an inbound/outbound call environment while giving expert advice in Fraud prevention.
As an Account Protection Specialist, he/she adds incremental value in each and every interaction with our card members which in turn increases customer loyalty. APS’s will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing account information while recommending tailored solutions and educating card members.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing fraud management techniques to identify possible fraudulent situations and minimize the potential loss to American Express by gathering and analyzing pertinent data to determine the appropriate course of action
- Handle outbound and inbound calls on accounts while maintaining professional working relationship between American Express and the customer
- Investigating allegations of fraud, counseling fraud victims and/or possible fraud victims, performing identity restoration duties and victim case management
- Flexibility to keep pace with the ever changing world of Fraud
- Ability to maintain acceptable performance standards including, but not limited to: effectiveness, efficiency and world class customer service results
- Identify fraud trends and develop continuous process improvements
- Two years of Customer Service experience
- Fraud and/or call center experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced call center environment, balancing the need to support the inbound call center while meeting production and quality goals
- Passion for servicing clients with proactive solutions that grow relationships by demonstrating proven relationship building, negotiation and problem solving
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to process large amounts of information in a short amount of time and articulate a workable solution to the customer
- Proficient PC skills with a solid knowledge of current Internet technology and the ability to research information for business related purposes
- Ability to navigate in multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer simultaneously
- Must be able to effectively listen to the customer, make a connection, acknowledge and emphasize when appropriate
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in unclear circumstances and be able to manage multiple tasks effectively while progressing through work concurrently
- Resilient with the desire to continually improve personal performance, customer satisfaction and business brand, and demonstrated patience and ability to solve customer concerns
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
- Ability to use good, sound judgment in decision making and the ability to effectively manage change and remain calm in stressful situations
Fraud operates 7 days a week, 5:00 am - 10:00 pm and schedules vary based on function.
- April 16th, 2018
- April 30th, 2018
Location: 20022 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Qualified candidates must be willing and able to work any shift within those hours of operation based on business needs, including all holidays.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time