American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - API Development
At American Express Technology, our mission is to help our developer community meet the evolving needs of both our company and customers. We help design and build what is needed, envision what is next, and bring the benefits of advanced technology to life. We contribute to shaping the long-term technological vision for American Express and play an important part in shaping the company's future success.
Our API Team within American Express Technology is seeking a Senior Engineer who will be instrumental in providing world-class tools, training, and support to our American Express developer community. Join us as we productize APIs at American Express and delight our developers—thousands strong—each day.
Our API Team is seeking a Senior Engineer who will be instrumental in providing world-class tools, training, and support to our American Express developer community. Join us as we productize APIs at American Express and delight our developers—thousands strong—each day.
- Significant experience developing RESTful APIs
- Strong understand of REST API fundaments, and designing APIs for usability, scalability and performance
- Self-starter who has proven success in, and genuine enthusiasm for, working 1:1 with technical teams to empower them—as the dedicated expert—through mentorship and training
- Willingness to get hands-on to help product engineering teams improve developer products by conveying feedback from design reviews.
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical peers, including the ability to communicate API feedback to executive management
- You stay on top of tech trends and best practices by experimenting with and learning new technologies, and participating in community of practice groups
- Prepared to undergo a technical screening by the Enterprise Architecture team as part of the interview process
What a successful first 12 months looks like:
· Pioneer model for Enterprise Architecture team to work with platform teams to most effectively conduct API design reviews without impeding the development lifecycle
· Establish RESTful API development training program for enterprise-wide platform teams
· Leading API design reviews with 3+ platform teams, which are resulting in expedited design approval. Impact of your involvement is backed by quantifiable feedback from both the team publishing the API and its consumers
· Design, develop, and gain adoption for API development toolsets that allow developers to focus on satisfying customers, not technical plumbing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time