American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Project Manager - Database Engineering
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by adoption of leading edge industry solutions to enhance our capabilities in the digital marketplace. Amex’s Information Management & Digital Partnerships organization (IMDP) delivers enterprise-wide Database, Big Data, analytics, API and Fast Data platforms, as well as enables acquisitions, marketing, digital payments, commerce and emerging growth opportunities across business lines.
As part of Database Engineering Team, you will work on driving teams in defining and develop highly scalable Database solutions supporting all the platforms across the Enterprise
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels with Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams deliver technology solutions on time, on budget and to spec
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- Strong Database / Infrastructure expertise - Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL, Linux, OpenStack, VMware, Clustering, Networking, Monitoring etc.
- Experience with toolset - Rally, Confluence, JIRA, Git, ServiceNow
- Knowledge large enterprise database standardization management process is a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time