American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Account Development Manager
This Position is for relationship management of Large Corporate accounts, drive growth, charge volume and profitability for the portfolio of accounts. It involves Profitable acquisition and retention of corporate payment products under the overall portfolio umbrella. Building and maintaining engagement with the C level management in organizations through regular account reviews and generation of partnership plans and consulting opportunities to deliver true value and take relationships forward. Ensuring that noise levels in key customers are suitably addressed through the servicing team while driving online initiatives like paperless statements, e remittance, @work and online program management.
• Managing Global and Local Corporate accounts and being responsible to engagement, opportunity conversion, MIS reporting, ensuring deliverables & Internal and External communications.
• Serve as payments expert for all corporate payments solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCP value proposition.
• Account reviews and Presentations to the key stakeholders to grow the overall relationship. • Leveraging industry knowledge and expertise in development of growth and retention strategies and delivery of insights to clients.
• Achieve portfolio growth and retention targets.
• Drive Online Program management and online capabilities to improve CHD and overall profitability of the Accounts.
• Collaborating with World service to improve customer experience and reduce noise levels within the portfolio.
• Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders.
• Lead development of proposals and pricing for client renewal and expansion, negotiate client contracts, and oversee implementation of solutions.
• Identify portfolio growth opportunities and deliver on plan to achieve, collaborating with internal resources to maximize/expand supplier network and spend growth.
• Proactively provide expertise on policies, benchmarking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients.
• Identify and develop relationships with C level decision-makers within client organizations to influence program management and growth.
• Interface with various divisions of American Express to develop and implement customized and strategic account plans.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Seeking a minimum of 7 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience. Ideal skill set includes the following:
• Entrepreneurial approach to portfolio management; able to identify opportunities and mange through sales process.
• Innovative and collaborative approach to solving problems and overcome barriers impacting client value or growth.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external partners.
• Ability to gain in-depth understanding of client needs, to develop and execute a client-focused account plan with limited support and guidance.
• Ability to effectively influence and manage change and display solid leadership skills.
• Sells with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements.
• Experience with or knowledge of virtual payments preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time