American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Project Manager
- Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Engages with stakeholders to understand business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates execution of development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Adopts SDLC methods, Agile values, principles, and practices. Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints; organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Tracks iteration progress, contributes to design discussions and issue resolution, and removes obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- 6+ years of technical project management experience
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting while ensuring compliance with Rally and Agile delivery platform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Scrum Master Certification is a plus
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, HTML5, BLAZE, DB2, XML and Mainframe) is a plus
- Experience with web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts is a plus
- Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time