American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• Developing and maintaining an effective Compliance program to ensure a best in class Compliance culture within American Express Banking Corp. (AEBC).
• Maintaining working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements and also auditing business units against the applicable regulatory requirement.
• Ensure that functioning of AEBC is carried out in consonance with the Compliance standards set forth by AEBC and the Sales staff understands the significance of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and other regulatory norms as well as their accountability to comply with those while performing their duties.
• To perform testing of various business units across the various legal entities of American Express.
• Detect and identify emerging regulatory risks or impending legislation that may have impact on the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
• Providing advice and guidance on compliance issues to business units and any other outsourced vendors within the market in a manner consistent with all local directives, circulars, and communications.
• Maintaining control on collation, completion and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) escalated to Compliance with authorities as appropriate.
• Track for timely resolution of open SARs in coordination with Corporate Security / Internal Audit Group (IAG) as applicable.
• Supporting the Market Compliance Office (MCO) in closing out the identified gaps and resolving outstanding compliance issues.
• Developing and executing a compliance training program for AEBC with specific focus on consumer card acquisitions and related practices.
• Assist management in promoting staff awareness of compliance requirements, in partnership with designated Compliance Champions.
• Ensuring compliance-training programs in AEBC are updated as required, attendance is tracked and that all employees are scheduled for appropriate training as per the market Compliance program.
• Conduct periodic classroom training session based on an Annual compliance training plan and such other topics as decided by the Compliance & Ethics group from time to time.
• Executing fieldwork testing based on the Compliance Testing Plan.
• Ensure that business activities are aligned to American Express Company compliance program and local regulations in local market.
• Prepare regular Compliance updates for the Bank’s governance committees.
Qualifications• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Good knowledge of AML Laws, practices and other regulatory requirements (Local and International).
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to conceptualize and break down complex issues into actionable tasks.
• Relevant experience in Regulatory Compliance/internal audit/consultancy within the Big Four or in a bank/financial institution background and in regulatory or Market Compliance.
• Ability to work independently and as a team. High standard of integrity.
• Ability to work independently from the design of compliance test plan, execution of fieldwork testing, communication of findings to business and to reporting phase.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint is a must.
• Good academic qualification with experience in compliance, audit or legal would be an advantage.
• Prior experience in a control / support function would be given preference. Fair knowledge of the Card industry and its business practices with good understanding of end to end front office and Back office activities.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time