American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Test Simulator Platform Owner
Business Unit Background:
The Global Network Operations organization is responsible for the day to day operational management and development of the American Express Global Network. This group acts on behalf of American Express to develop and enable network products and capabilities and work with issuers, acquirers, merchants, vendors to support their development. In addition this group is responsible for the management of the full network transaction lifecycle for the Network Participants.
The Role and Responsibilities
This position is part of the Global Certification Services Optimization team responsible for managing and leading the planning and execution of Test Simulator development activities for American Express. Test Simulators are used by our issuers and acquirer relationships to validate their ability to process American Express Card transactions in compliance with American Express standards.
The position will liaise with another Test Simulator platform manager to support and align development activities across all Test Simulator platforms. Responsibilities include management of: 3rd party vendors, development strategy, statement of work, development budget, acquiring and issuer specifications subject matter expertise, development project management office, identifying opportunities to streamline test tool performance and flexibility, gathering of stakeholder business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for development.
This position will have continuing learning opportunity through team shadowing and support. The goal is to have each team member have a good understanding of the different aspects of team responsibilities. He/She will also provide back-up representation, when required, at industry forums and events, such as EMVCo.
- Proven ability to effectively lead project management efforts and influence without authority
- Knowledge of Java and .Net software development and Agile methodology
- Financial institution experience in the card payment industry
- Strong knowledge of acquirer and issuer transaction processing
- Experience managing vendor/supplier relationships
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment in the development of certification tools and processes
- Proven collaborative skills and experience leading and influencing in a global, matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to persuade a broad level of constituents at various levels
- Financial acumen and experience managing expenses
- Experience interpreting and including the needs of each stakeholder group
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time