American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Payments Consulting France H/F
The Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) Payments Consulting Group in EMEA is a team of approximately 30 FTE across EMEA markets that enable merchant payments, new products and capabilities, and manage critical relationships with Third Party Processors.
The Director role has responsibility to lead the France Payments Consulting team, while also being the point person for key stakeholders across a number of cross line of business leadership teams.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives (including coverage, merchant satisfaction and revenue generation) by providing consultative support to a variety of internal and external customers and driving solution/product delivery into merchants, third party processors and external partners.
The American Express Merchant Services organization depends on the Payment Consulting team to enable Card acceptance, identify and implement payment solutions (products and services) in customer-facing situations. Relationship building, communication, and problem-solving skills are important for success for these teams’ roles. Team members must also maintain deep and current knowledge about the payments industry, market trends, new and existing payment-related technologies, products and services, as well as an understanding of the structure of American Express and customer organizations.
This role demands an experienced and persuasive consultant with experience in people management, thought leadership, analytical skills and a track record of complex problem solving, developing strong business relationships and flawless project execution.
1. People Leadership
Lead and develop a team of professional Band 35’s to deliver against clear GMNS goals, while coaching in personal and career development.
2. Deliver against strategic business objectives
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the merchant (i.e. know all aspects of merchant’s payment acquiring environment including history, current goals and organizational drivers)
- Provide consultative sales/solution support to merchants and CLM sales channels within their market/region
- Provision of high quality product and process consultancy to merchants across the region
- Consult on Set-up, Transmission, Authorisation, Submission, Settlement, Reconciliation and Disputes
- Provide product and process training to Client Management partners
- Use knowledge of the merchant and marketplace to develop a win-win account plan
- Communication and tracking of projects
- Management of merchants, external partners and processors:
- Build relationships for success with partners and processors within portfolio
- Consultative approach to driving product delivery into portfolio
3. Industry knowledge and business development:
Maintain and develop deep knowledge of the payments industry
- Anticipate and communicate trends to assist in strategic decision making
- Use competitive information to position the unique value, features and benefits of American Express products and services
- Conduct independent research and gathers marketplace and industry data from:
- Trade journals & web sites
- Financial Reports (understand revenue/cost drivers)
- Payments Industry Publications
- Business / Industry Literature
4. Build strong internal relationships to facilitate delivery of shared goals
- Build and maintain relationships across the company
- Identify opportunities to leverage relationships between merchant executives and American Express leadership
5. Staying ‘current’ in a fast-moving and highly regulated payments environment
- Identifying and implementing most appropriate product and service solutions and capabilities based on merchant, vendor or processor requirements and aligned with regional/personal goals
- Coordination across internal and external partners to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Maintaining excellent third party relationships with partners and processors within assigned portfolio
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Experienced people leader
- Understanding of Payments processes across a range of products, capabilities and merchant industries
- Strong consultative sales/solution building skills
- Strong relationship building/management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to articulate complex issues in a simple non-technical manner
- Flexibility to sometimes work across time zones with groups in the US, JAPA, Canada, and LAC.
- Proven track record in leading projects and driving results
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationship across GMNS, GNO, GNICS, Technologies, GSN and externally
- Highly organized and results driven, with strong ability to be forward thinking and proactive
- High proficiency in the local language of their intended market
- Ability to drive change
- A passion for customer service and quality
- Previous experience in the merchant processing/acquiring industry preferable
- Previous experience or exposure to the technology around card processing, new technologies ex. contactless, mobile wallets etc and merchant acquiring solutions preferable
- Appreciation of the global competitive acquiring and processing landscape
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time