American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Small Business Sales Consultant
Overview of the Department:
Growth! That is what matters most to our clients and to our employees! Our U.S. telesales group (Commercial Acquisition Group) has been growing for the last 6 years and counting. The team started as a small “pilot” of 8 people and 1 manager and is now an organization of 380+ employees on two coasts. We are currently hiring for our Phoenix, AZ location.
If you are interested in growing your career; if you have experienced success in sales and want to work for a company that offers amazing benefits; if you want the opportunity to work on a world class sales team with opportunities to earn a six figure income; if you want to be coached by a leadership team that spends time developing their people; if you want to join a team that dresses for success and feels excited about coming into work every day; and if you want to have fun while growing a successful corporate career you should apply to this role. We just moved up 5 spots on the Fortune 500 list from 90 to 85....come find out why!
As our team continues to expand, we are searching for people who possess self-confidence, a positive attitude, and willingness to speak with successful business owners and persuade them to use our products, a high level of business acumen and executive presence. If this is you and what you want, we look forward to meeting you very soon. The primary focus of this role is to use phone-based selling to acquire new commercial customers with annual company revenues in excess of $4 million up to $10 million. The ideal person will have the confidence and discipline to cold-call potential customers as well as the consultative selling skills to engage corporations and C-Level Executives in conversations about their needs and how American Express products can provide a solution.
- Make outbound calls to contact business owners, using target lists provided by American Express
- Initially perform an in depth needs to identify best fit with OPEN or Global Commercial Services product suite and advise the prospect on the right product solution for their needs
- Membership Advisor is equally comfortable and capable of closing either a Corporate product sale or an OPEN product sale depending on prospect need
- After a successful sale of a Corporate Product, this consultant will facilitate the hand off to a Membership Advisor who will manage initial use of AMEX programs to provide the full value of the relationship to the customers. This will include but is not be limited to:
- Use of an unsecured line of credit
- Early and sustained spending measured by charge volume and support on how to best manage the American Express program for maximum benefits
- Ensure monthly and quarterly sales targets are achieved through daily call activities; pipeline management and sales campaigns and effectively using support resources to facilitate underwriting requirements and approval of the program
- Maintain high levels of product and service knowledge about the Corporate and OPEN suite of products and solutions and clearly communicate appropriate product features and benefits to prospects and their stakeholders
- Effectively manage pipeline of prospective customers
- Continuously seek to improve key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections, and closing sales
- Proven track record of driving sales in a cold-call selling environment; demonstrated performance working across products with different sales cycles will be a plus
- Track record that demonstrates an exceptional ability to obtain new business or grow existing business relationships
- Ability to rapidly acquire and maintain high levels of product and service knowledge, clearly and compellingly communicate appropriate product features and benefits and other elements of American Express business services
- Strong listening, communication and consultative selling skills
- Confident and friendly communication style
- Ability to flex style for multiple audiences and levels of customer stakeholders
- Ability to confidently ask for the business after the need is uncovered
- Intellectually curious: willing and excited to learn about new products, solutions and services that our customers may value
- Collaborative mindset: comfortable working with team members to maximize individual and company performance
- Positive “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic. Ability to use feedback in a positive way with personal accountability
- Strong computer skills: comfort with Microsoft Office, simultaneously navigating multiple web-based tools
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time