This position is in Global Payroll team and would be based in Tokyo, Japan and would be responsible for end to end Japan Payroll process, customer service delivery and vendor management.
The incumbent shall be required to understand and carry out end to end payroll processing, implement related policies and compliance requirements in force and lead the market Payroll team for the same.
The incumbent will be required to lead and participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives.
Responsible to represent Japan payroll in market, regional and global update meetings to update management on progress of payroll projects and initiatives.
The incumbent shall be required, to lead & maintain close coordination with customer / business partners such as HR, Compensations and Benefits and Controllership, Technologies and other interface groups.
Broad knowledge of employees taxation, employee related benefits in market, regular employee filing/reporting. The incumbent would be required to consistently understand and exceed customer’s requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times.
The incumbent should have strong focus on Accuracy, timelines, control & compliance and data integrity.
Work closely with Global Payroll HUB team based out of India on various Global Payroll initiatives and deliverables.
Ensuring good relationship across all businesses and act as a point contact to enable resolution of any complex and escalations which Payroll Vendor is unable to resolve.
Support HR with employee escalations relating to Payroll.
The position will report to the JAPA Payroll Hub Director based on India.
Active involvement & ownership in seamless accomplishment of :
• Time critical Japan payroll processing & payout to employees,
• End to End Payroll Accounting & reconciliation,
• Adherence to all legal, statutory & compliance requirements within stipulated time frame
• Lead the Japan Payroll team • Effective & efficient management of Vendor service delivery as per the contract and SLA. This will also include periodic review and analysis of KPI of vendor performance and taking corrective actions.
• Extensive and regular interaction and close partnership with Human Resources, market controllership and Compensation & Benefit
• Active participation in the periodic progress updates with Payroll Hub Leadership • Adequate representation on behalf of the Japan Payroll in critical activities and projects
• Ensuring execution of day-to-day task level deliverables, issue resolution, managing escalations and timely escalation of matters requiring leadership intervention
• Partnering with internal customers and project partners to ensure the delivery of a high integrity, credible and efficient solution
• Identification of improvement opportunities in processing, accounting and reconciliation Processes.