American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
We are recruiting for a Business Analyst position with American Express. This is a high visibility role to deliver operational support, performance analytics and business insights for the Global Commercial Payments Services division of American Express. The role sits within the Global Data Strategy & Insights organisation (DS&I). The wider DS&I team is specifically responsible for a wide range of functions including performance reporting, incentive payments and providing analytics and insights to drive the performance of the Global Commercial Services Europe organization (~600 sales and account managers).
The DS&I Business Analyst role reports to the Manager of Performance Analytics and Insights. S/He will be someone with strong quantitative, analytical and data-modelling skills, who will create and refine methodologies / models / processes for target-setting & performance reviews, and investigation & resolution of issues affecting the timely and accurate delivery of the above. S/He must be able to effectively communicate often complex ideas to audiences who have different levels of seniority and expertise, and whose first language may not be English.
In order to fulfil duties the Business Analyst will work closely with Sales-people and Account Development managers in the Field, local market Business Planners and technology support groups, as well as Finance and market General Managers. At times the volume of work can be very high and the deadlines very tight, so the analyst should be capable of staying calm and positive, and producing accurate work while under pressure.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the relationship with the field (sales and account managers).
- Ownership of a helpdesk inbox / SFDC chatter group where the Field report issues related to their targets and tracking of their performance, scorecards and incentive payments. The analyst takes the lead in issue resolution, sourcing input as required from other DS&I team-members, technology support groups and the Field.
- Creation / Enhancement of methodologies, models and templates to help senior leaders set annual targets for the Field and to make recommendations on individual scorecard goal ratings (both at mid-year and year-end).
- Consolidate disparate data sets across multiple markets, to form useful information.
- Bring insight through interpreting business performance trends through the provision of meaningful data and analytics.
- Working with analytical partners across the globe to leverage best practices in reporting and metric design to drive business effectiveness.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactive approach, willingness and ability to innovate to deliver new insights, new tools and process efficiencies
- Ability to build a strong internal network and deliver at the highest level
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to create clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations to senior leadership
- Commercial awareness, with a good understanding of business needs, levers, concerns and trends
- Excellent time management skills, above all having demonstrated focus and success at meeting deadlines, and ability to work under pressure
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with the ability to manage, manipulate and analyse complex data
- Advanced MS Excel / Access essential; SAS/ Enterprise Guide experience beneficial, but not required
- Complex problem-solving skills, with regards to identifying and diagnosing data issues when they arise
- Good eye for detail
- A capable team player but able to work independently and on own initiative
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Fluent in English
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time