American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Merchant Engagement Manager
Why American Express?As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Asia and Thailand's "Best Employer" for two consecutive years (2015-2016)
- Manage small market segment of merchant under American Express (Thai) network
- Drive volume growth and welcome acceptance of merchant establishment by setting up the strategy for the team to execute
- Lead and coach the team to use business strategy to improve merchant establishment American Express card acceptance
- Lead field services of merchant F2F Visitation, to enhance visibility and be the custodian of American Express ‘Cards Welcome’ brand within merchant establishments.
- Expand new business under Small Merchant portfolio to drive incremental volume for the business
- Lead employee driven Welcome Acceptance initiatives e.g ROWAS
- Roll out a comprehensive Suppression & Surcharge management strategy for the market
- Drive targeted segmentation strategy to improve perception of coverageOffer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor Degree and above with minimum 25 years relevant experience
- At least 3 years of people leadership skills
- Experience in managing external vendors, specifically in a sales/service environment
- Commercial & financial acumen, developed in a sales & marketing environment
- Excellent stakeholder management & influencing skills
- Technical proficiency in understanding various data sources and help build robust commercial business cases
- People management skills
- Ability of manage multiple projects concurrently, and be able to deal with high workload situation
- Team player, who isn’t afraid to get things done, including from time to time menial tasks
- Innovative streak and ability to constantly look at improving things
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time