American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Strategic Growth & Acceleration Global Commercial Service – Europe
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The commercial banking, payments and lending landscape is rapidly evolving with new non-bank and FinTech entrants coming to market with innovative offerings based on new business models. As part of our Global Commercial Service (GCS) Europe strategy, we are focused on growing Strategic Partnerships to help us maximize our ability to take advantage of new opportunities in the marketplace and help us to diversify our business.
The Strategic Growth & Acceleration team has the objective to accelerate transformation in the Strategic Partnerships in order to offer a range of business solutions for customers of any size, around the world. In the past year, we have made significant progress in accelerating our sustainable B2B payments business and have launched innovative initiatives such as launching Credit Insurance in Europe, evolving our pricing strategy and expanding our product footprint across the region.
As Senior Manager of the Strategic Growth & Acceleration team, you will continue support drive momentum in Europe accelerate growth for Small Medium Enterprise (SME) opportunities. Moreover, you will also take part into the Strategic Partnerships development in order to define the future growth strategy across Europe, developing the go-to-market strategies and building robust plans with individual markets on these new initiatives.
This role reports directly to the Director of the Strategic Growth & Accelerationteam GCS Europe. You will be required to work closely with all relevant key stakeholders such as Risk, Finance, Pricing, GMS, GSN, DS&I, Marketing and Product Management as well as with the senior European leadership team to ultimately drive charge volume together with the local Sales and AD teams and capitalize on revenue growing lending opportunities.
- Develop Strategic Partnership across Europe: from the design to the execution and go to market of the initiatives
- Seize the Regulatory changes in Payment market to generate real business opportunities
- Define the Business and Operational model to maximize Strategic Partnership value
- Coordinate all cross-functional activities and own the overall success for volume growth across Europe
- Implement the go to market strategies and drive best practices loopback
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong academic background with outstanding strategic and analytical skills
- Relevant work experience in Fin-Tech and/or Reg-Tech and Digital Payments space
- Outstanding project management skills, ideally already experience in developing go to market strategies
- Proven business development, product management and/or strategy track record
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a multi-market environment
- Strong customer focus and sales spirit
- Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time